Terms and Conditions
Correct as of 20 March 2018
- Term fees are fixed amounts, and are charged out according to the number of weeks in the particular term: ie 8,9 or 10 weeks. Fees remain payable in cases of absence. There are no reductions or credits for sickness, injury or holidays
- A term commenced must be paid in full. Fees are non-refundable.
- Fees are payable in advance, and are GST inclusive. Fees must be paid within 2 weeks of the term commencing; otherwise an administrative charge will be added.
- Any fees outstanding at the end of the dance school year, will be forwarded to a collection agency, unless prior arrangement has been made with the office.
- If you have not received an invoice or your invoice is incorrect, it is your responsibility to let the office know within the first two weeks of term.
- If changing class ie adding or deleting a class you must contact the office, it is not your teachers’ responsibility to pass this information on.
- If not continuing a class in the following term, it is your responsibility to inform the office before commencement of the term, or a ½ term fees will be charged
- If a class is missed for any reason, please make up (where possible) at another class of the same level, or as discussed with your teacher.
Photos and Videos
- No photos or videos may be taken in class, or rehearsal without prior consent.
- Occasionally photographs or videos may be taken by LDA during class, exams, or performances by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you give consent for these photos to be used on the website, Facebook or advertising purposes. At no point will these photos be used in a compromising situation.
- LDA reserves the right to change fees or timetable without prior notice. However, we will endeavour to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
- Intellectual property, exercises, combinations and routines taught in class remain the property of LDA. They cannot be taught or performed outside the studio without permission.
- Lost property – LDA does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property. Please make sure all uniform items are named. Any items found will be placed in lost property box in the dressing room. Any items that are not claimed by the end of the term will be disposed of.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct details for you and your child and keep us updated of any changes to contact details or health issues.
- Physical contact maybe necessary when helping to demonstrate or correct a student, to realign students bodies and put them into the correct positions to improve their technique.
- We do not accept liability for personal injury or illness to any child attending class.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss or expense due to circumstances beyond our control ie Transport, fire, weather or other such situations.
- In the event that we consider you to be in breech of these terms & conditions or that your child is disruptive to other students or staff, teachers or venue staff, we reserve the right to exclude your child from any activity with LDA.
- LDA reserves the right to amend or alter these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.